Welcome to the documentation for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations on docs.microsoft.com. We are migrating our content here from the Dynamics 365 for Operations Help Wiki.
This article provides information about the Task Single form pattern. This pattern was previously used to present data that users would perceive as originating from a single data source that had multiple records.
This type of form was used when you wanted to present data that users will perceive as originating from a single data source with multiple records. This isn't a recommended pattern for new forms. No new forms should be created that use this pattern. This pattern will provide structure and stability for legacy forms, and will also provide a migration path to more modern form patterns.
Here are the main changes to this pattern since Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012:
- The form opens in view mode.
- Commands have been moved to the standard ActionPane from a Toolbar (ActionPane strips).
- The Overview label on the first tab has been changed to List.
- The content of the tab container uses dynamic columns for a responsive layout.
ActionPane (Action Pane)
CustomFilter (Group) [Optional]
RowExtension (Group) [Optional]
General (TabPage, repeats 0..N)
FooterGroup (Group) [Optional]
- Apply the TaskSingle pattern on Form.Design.
- Address BP Warnings:
- Design.Caption isn't empty.
- The form must be referenced by at least one menu item.
- TabPage.Caption isn't empty.
- TabPage.DataSource isn't empty.
- StaticText.Text isn't empty.
Commonly used subpatterns
The verification checklist shows you the steps for manually verifying that the form complies with UX guidelines. This checklist doesn't include any guidelines that will be enforced automatically through the development environment. Open the form in the browser, and walk through these steps. Standard form guidelines:
- Standard form guidelines have been consolidated into the Microsoft Dynamics AX General Form Guidelinesdocument.
Task Single guidelines:
- The Overview tab is the first tab and is active when the form is opened.
- The General tab must be the second tab and must have the label General.
Frequently asked questions
This section will have answers to frequently asked questions that are related to this guideline/pattern.