Manage resource competencies
Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations has evolved into purpose-built applications to help you manage specific business functions. For more information about these changes, see Dynamics 365 Licensing Guide.
Resource competencies are an essential part of resource management. Competencies can be used as a baseline to determine resources that have the correct balance of skills, education, certification, and project experience. You should set up this information for each resource and update it on a regular basis. In this way, you can maximize capabilities when specific resource competencies are matched during project resource assignment.
The following procedures explain how to set up some of the competencies for a resource.
To set up competencies for a worker, you can use either the Workers list page in Human resources or the Resources list page in Project management and accounting. For the following procedures, the Workers list page in Human resources is used.
Set up competencies: Certificates
- On the Workers list page, select the line for the worker to add certificate information for.
- On the Action Pane, on the Worker tab, in the Competencies group, select Certificates.
- Select New, and then, in the Certificate type field, select PMP.
- In the Start date field, select 10/1/2015, and select Save.
Set up competencies: Skills
- On the Workers list page, make sure that the worker that you used in the previous procedure is still selected. Then, on the Action Pane, on the Worker tab, in the Competencies group, select Skills.
- Select New.
- In the Skill field, select Project management.
- In the Level field, select 5 Expert.
- In the Level date field, select 1-/14/2014.
- In the Years of experience field, enter 10.
- Select Save, and then close the page.