Microsoft Dynamics 365 - Service Update 249 Release Notes
Service Update 249 for Microsoft Dynamics 365 9.1.0 is now available. This article describes the hotfixes and updates that are included in Service Update 249.
Note: Service Update naming convention has been revised to clarify the link between the version number and Service Update number.
For example, Service Update 150 will now correspond to version number 150xx. Occasionally a Service Update will be canceled and all associated fixes will be rolled into a subsequent Service Update. For this reason, Service Update numbers may not always increase incrementally.
|Update package||Version number|
|Service Update 249 for Microsoft Dynamics 365 9.1.0||18.104.22.16852|
To determine whether your organization had this update applied, check your Microsoft Dynamics 365 version number. Click the gear icon in the upper-right corner, and then click About.
An (*) at the end of a fix statement denotes that this repair item was incorporated into multiple service update releases.
Service Update 249 resolves the following issues:
The following list details issues whose resolutions repair items in Dynamics that are not functioning.
- The opacity settings were too low for adequate visibility when applying focus to page elements in the Unified Interface Timeline.
- When clearing a value in a form, the accessibility screen reader did not narrate whether the value was removed.
- When using a radio button in the Modified Date/Language section of a Knowledge Search, the accessibility narrator did not announce the radio button labels.
- Customer Journey templates could not be selected when using keyboard navigation.
- The screen reader did not announce the keys required to access the editable toolbar when using keyboard shortcuts.
- When navigating in scan mode, focus was applied to page elements that were not visible in an expanded flyout menu.
- Focus was not applied to the “Recently Viewed items” button within the Customer Service Hub when using Tab navigation.
- The user interface would not allow text input when selecting the "Legal Country" lookup field within a Sales form.*
- The Email Enhancement feature did not display the correct information within the email record on the Timeline.
- When creating a note, the text fields did not contain an "enter text" label and it was not correctly announced by the screen reader.
- When creating a new Marketing form and selecting a template, the update contacts/leads form was not in the template list.
- In the Customer Service Hub, the screen reader did not narrate the available layout links within the Dashboard.
- Improved the user experience for users using languages that read right to left.*
- All text content or data within angle brackets in the Timeline were removed from the Unified Interface.
- When creating a post, the timeline remained in a loading state and displayed "saving post" indefinitely.
- When modifying the notes description within a record and saving the edits, the user interface did not reflect the changes.*
- The user interface displayed HTML tags when a Rich Text Editor, within a form, was in read-only mode.
- The App for Outlook dashboard was not available to select as Default at Sitemap editor and at the web client grid.
- The “Insert Knowledge Article” button was not displayed when creating a new email.
- Emails arriving in the Exchange inbox were not synced to Dynamics 365.*
- Meeting invites and reminder alerts were sent out for meetings created in the past.*
- Security role permissions settings were not applied during solution upgrades of managed solutions.*
- When sending an email to an external contact, the sender was not listed as the owner of the email and could not access the email content.
- Contacts created in the Outlook on the web and Outlook Desktop App with personal notes were delayed when synchronizing to Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement.*
- The Data Map name, when importing data, was not ordered by any logic in UCI.
- On mobile devices, the activity type drop down menu was not visible in the Customer Service Hub.
- Filter dropdowns in the activities tab had a black background causing text to be unreadable.*
- The “Resource Requirements Work Hours” window did not load all options when modifying a calendar within Resource Scheduling.*
- While performing Reflow in Customer Service Hub, more options controls were missing in the popup while the screen was zoomed in.*
- The “Update Offline Data” button did not display text in the Customer Service Hub on mobile.*
- When creating a new meeting with duplicate attendees, the synchronization process became continuous and the duplicates were not removed.
- On Android devices, the user interface was unresponsive when selecting buttons in the Unified Interface.*
- When searching for “My Records,” Global Search displayed records with other users in online mode.
- On mobile devices in offline mode, accounts details were not present in the Bookings section after performing an offline data synchronization.*
- When using the entity editor to create a custom entity while using Internet Explorer, the entity was not saved and synchronized in Outlook.*
- Suggested records did not display when entering any value in the search field.
- When creating an email, the user interface did not allow two unresolved email addresses.*
- When creating a new account, the Contact and Child account subgrids contained all of the associated records.
- Unified Interface had failed to load when opened in Teams.*
- When modifying the Status Reason on a form, the Status was not updated after saving the changes.
- When performing a search in a grid not enabled for offline use, the user interface did not contain the merge quick find search option.
- The "Select" and "Sort" buttons in a grid page did not respond on mobile.*
- In Outlook on the web, command bar options did not display when selecting an email quick create form.*
- Focus was not visible when navigating to the “Selected records” field.
- When manually modifying height and width settings and opening a new browser window, a new tab opened.
- The list of offline entities in the Offline Status page was not sorted.
- The "Send direct email" button did not render on the UCI until the page was refereshed.*
- When modifying language settings and signing out of an account, the settings language format was changed.
Error Messages, Exceptions, and Failures
The following list details issues whose resolutions correct actions that produce errors, unhandled exceptions, or system or component failures.
- An error occurred when attempting to load an entity or the dashboard timeline.*
- An error occurred when selecting Teams, Business Unit or Queue controls within cases.*
- An error occurred when refreshing a knowledge article page in the Customer Service Hub.
- An error occurred when importing a translation from an unmanaged solution.*
- An error occurred during a solution import that contained the component referenced within the error message.
- An error occurred during a solution import that contained an unmanaged customization.*
- An error occurred when saving an edit made to a Holiday record name.*
- An error had occurred when attempting to save an appointment after changing the duration.
- An error occurred when opening a record or refreshing the page for a record.*
- An error occurred when adding additional columns to an entity view.*
- An error occurred when creating a new case and using a lookup menu for country selection.*
- Within the Project Service, an error occurred when loading the Estimates tab in a new project.*
- An error occurred when switching from Offline to Online mode when using the field service application.*
- An error occurred when refreshing the browser when an item had been opened in the subgrid.*
- An error occurred when expanding the list of contact views on an offline enabled app.
If you have any feedback on the release notes, please provide your thoughts here