Microsoft Dynamics 365 - Service Update 258 Release Notes
Service Update 258 for Microsoft Dynamics 365 9.1.0 is now available. This article describes the hotfixes and updates that are included in Service Update 258.
Note: Service Update naming convention has been revised to clarify the link between the version number and Service Update number.
For example, Service Update 150 will now correspond to version number 150xx. Occasionally a Service Update will be canceled and all associated fixes will be rolled into a subsequent Service Update. For this reason, Service Update numbers may not always increase incrementally.
|Update package||Version number|
|Service Update 258 for Microsoft Dynamics 365 9.1.0||18.104.22.168801 (or higher)|
To determine whether your organization had this update applied, check your Microsoft Dynamics 365 version number. Click the gear icon in the upper-right corner, and then click About.
An (*) at the end of a fix statement denotes that this repair item was incorporated into multiple service update releases.
Service Update 258 resolves the following issues:
The following list details issues whose resolutions repair items in Dynamics that are not functioning.
- The screen reader did not narrate the correct Name and State for check boxes present in table data.*
- The accessibility screen reader did not announce the column header title when navigating through queue items.*
- When performing a swipe command in a Activity drop down menu, focus was not applied to the activity type.*
- In the Customer Service Hub, the user interface was unresponsive when performing a "triple tap" command to activate a column header, as instructed by the accessibility narrator.
- The luminosity ratio of the calendar icon was corrected in the Power Apps and Teams homepage.
- When display settings were set to 200 percent, the user interface did not contain all of the rows and columns within a grid.
- When selecting options in a Merge filter, the Talkback narrator did not apply focus in the correct order after navigating to the Select Primary record option.
- When selecting options in a Merge filter, the accessibility narrator did not apply focus in the correct order after navigating to the Select Primary record option.
- When using a search engine and viewing the "Top results", the accessibility screenreader did not describe the "yes" or "no" buttons.
- The relevance search box was incorrectly appearing when the relevance index was not available for searching.
- Activities related to email did not appear on the Timeline.*
- Timeline records may have been missing, or in the wrong order.
- All text content or data within angle brackets in the Timeline were removed from the Unified Interface.*
- When creating an email from an invoice, the "To" field did not auto-populate.
- On Android, when adding a new note within a Booking Entity while in offline mode, only the title box for the note was present.*
- When adding a link to a Knowledge Base article in the Customer Service Hub, the article contained text content labeled "
" after saving the changes.*
- Notes in the Timeline could not be created or edited if an invalid web resource was provided.
- The App for Outlook dashboard was not available to select as Default at Sitemap editor and at the web client grid.*
- Users in a disabled state could not be added to an Owner Team.
- When merging contact records, parts of the address were missing.*
- When creating a Task and performing a synchronization process, the date and time in Exchange did not reflect local time zone settings.
- When performing a solution import, deleted records were remained because they were not labeled for removal.*
- Contacts created in the Outlook on the web and Outlook Desktop App with personal notes were delayed when synchronizing to Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement.*
- Updated notes within a contact did not display correctly following sync cycles.
- Enabling Relevance Search via the Settings did not result in Relevance Search being enabled.
- Emails arriving in the Exchange inbox were not synced to Dynamics 365.
- Failures occurred when performing solution imports.*
- When selecting the Associated Contacts View for a Goal containing a Contact Metric, the user interface displayed the Entitlement Contacts View instead.
- When inserting a template into an email, a pop up window provided instructions to cancel and manually save the template instead of automatically adding the attachment.
- When opening records, a message to open the records in a specific application was incorrectly displayed.*
- When navigating a page via keyboard shortcuts, the focus would move from the URL to behind the overlay.
- The Delete, Email a link, Excel template, and Export to Excel options could not be accessed while the accessibility screen reader was enabled.*
- When using the scrollbar to navigate a sitemap and selecting a link, the scrollbar reverted to its previous position.
- On tablet devices, the user interface was intermittently unresponsive when using touch commands to delete records within a lookup menu.
- Following an unmanaged solution import, the user interface contained a "_2" suffix in the account name.
- On mobile devices, the overflow and user buttons were not visible in the Unified Interface.
- Required field messaging was shown before saving a form in Sales Hub.*
- When navigating to unsaved changes content, the accessibility screen reader annouced the unsaved changes control twice.*
- The user interface was intermittently unresponsive when selecting the "view in Dynamics" button within an email message.
- The Record Set Navigator automatically scrolled to the top after scrolling down.
- The Run Flow button did not display properly in the Business Process Fow stage in the United Interface when used in IE11.*
- The execute button did not display when creating a record for contact.*
- When creating an editable grid containing two columns, the record would not save the modifications.
- Records would not display when loading the Home Page Grid with Editable Grid Instance.*
- Newly created browser tabs from Customer Service workspace were not auto-focusing upon creation.*
- On iOS, when selecting the phone field in an offline app, focus did not move to the phone field and the keyboard was unresponsive.*
- When creating an appointment within a record, the name of the record was not displayed.
- A crash occurred when saving a new appointment.
- Some buttons on the Top Bar were missing.
- When clicking "Show details", the details were not accessible by keyboard as information was cut off at the bottom.
- The calendar for date input during record creation did not appear.*
- On mobile devices in offline mode, the user interface did not display the date and time in the Field Service app.*
- The command bar for both Form and HomePageGrid was missing.
Error Messages, Exceptions, and Failures
The following list details issues whose resolutions correct actions that produce errors, unhandled exceptions, or system or component failures.
Business Process and Analytics
- An error occurred when performing a solution upgrade on a plugin that contained customized workflows.
- An error occurred when performing the Qualify Lead action.
- An error occurred when selecting the Filter icon under the Timeline.
- An error occurred when attempting to publish all customizations.*
- An error occurred when opening a completed email within Activities.
- An error occurred when adding a column to search under index management.*
- An error occurred when adding work hours with an End Time that was five minutes past the Start Time to a bookable resource.
- An error occurred when qualifying a lead with SLA enabled for both the lead and opportunity.*
- An incorrect error message occurred when an email reply containing an attachment was sent.
- When an appointment failed to synchronize, the error message did not contain the "See Why" link.*
- Within the Project Service, an error occurred when loading the Estimates tab in a new project.*
- An error occurred when opening the timeline within a case record.
- An error occurred when submitting a job using a custom connector or logic app workflow.*
- An error occurred when refreshing the browser when an item had been opened in the subgrid.*
- An error occurredwhen creating a Contact and clicking save and close too quickly.
- An error occurred when setting product associations within a knowledge article record.*
- An error occurred when retrieiving records within the grid page.*
- An error occurred during a solution import when ribbon menu generation did not load.
- An error occurred during Business Process Flows when attempting to create a new service request from phone call activity.
- An error occurred when renaming Sharepoint folders using a special character.*
If you have any feedback on the release notes, please provide your thoughts here