Manage author tags
Microsoft Social Engagement will be discontinued on January 16, 2020. Additionally, starting October 1, 2019, the service will no longer support Twitter as a data source. For more information, see Changes coming to Dynamics 365 Market Insights preview and Microsoft Social Engagement.
Author tags let you add tags to authors to group and classify them. For example, you can tag influencers, competitors, or fans. When authors are tagged, you can quickly find them using filters and you can get a heads-up when new posts from these authors are found by setting up alerts. Every user can add or remove author tags when working with an author's details. You need to have an interaction role of Responder or Manager to create new author tags.
To review all authors that have a certain tag added, go to Social Engagement > Analytics > Overview and apply an Author Tags filter. You’ll find the 100 most active authors with this tag in the Authors widget when you expand it to the full view.
View author tags
To see the author tags added to a specific author, you need to open the Author Details.
Add or create author tags
Tag authors for quicker filtering options and to classify groups of authors.
- In Social Engagement, open the Author Details for the author you want to tag.
- Next to Author Tags, select Add author tags.
- Enter the name of the tag you want to add. If it’s already available, you can select it from the list.
- Select Confirm to apply the author tag.
Remove author tags
If a tag is no longer accurate, you can remove it from the author.
- In Social Engagement, open the Author Details for the author you want to remove tags from.
- Next to the tag you want to remove, select Remove this tag.
- Select Confirm to remove the tag.
Change author tags
Export author tags data
If you want to extract the author tags that were added to a specific author, you can copy the labels of the tags and paste them into a document.