Preview of Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management 10.0.17 (April 2021)
Some or all of the functionality noted in this topic is available as part of a preview release. The content and the functionality are subject to change. For more information about preview releases, see One version service updates FAQ.
This topic lists features that are either new or changed in the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management preview of version 10.0.17. This version has a build number of 10.0.761 and is available as follows:
- Preview of release: February 2021
- General availability of release (self-update): March 2021
- General availability of release (auto-update): April 2021
Features included in this release
The following features are included in this release. Some of the listed features are still in preview, while others may already be generally available. Follow the links to the release plan to see the official release dates for each feature.
Most of these features must be enabled using Feature management before you can use them.
Apply rules for grouping work orders while running a maintenance plan
- For more information, see Creating work orders.
Plan maintenance based on accumulated asset counter values
- For more information, see Maintenance plans.
Inventory and logistics
Set default financial dimensions for inventory standard cost revaluation vouchers
- For more information, see Manage standard cost updates.
Manufacturing execution with scale units in the cloud
- For more information, see Manufacturing execution workloads for cloud and edge scale units.
Coverage time fence support for Planning Optimization
- For more information, see Coverage time fences.
Forecast submodel support for Planning Optimization
- For more information, see Master planning with demand forecasts.
Purchase requisition support for Planning Optimization
- For more information, see Purchase requisitions.
Product information management
- Enable change management on existing products
- For more information, see Enable change management on existing products.
New and updated documentation resources
We have recently added or significantly updated the following help topics. They aren't necessarily related to the new features added for this release, as listed in the previous section, but they may help you to get more out of existing features.
Inventory and logistics
Platform updates for Finance and Operations apps
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management 10.0.17 includes platform updates. To learn more, see Platform updates for version 10.0.17 of Finance and Operations apps (April 2021).
For information about the bug fixes included in each of the updates that are part of 10.0.17, sign in to Lifecycle Services (LCS) and view the KB article.
Dynamics 365: 2021 release wave 1 plan
Wondering about upcoming and recently released capabilities in any of our business apps or platform?
Check out the Dynamics 365: 2021 release wave 1 plan. We've captured all the details, end to end, top to bottom, in a single document that you can use for planning.
Removed and deprecated Supply Chain Management features
The Removed or deprecated features in Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management topic describes features that have been or are scheduled to be removed or deprecated for Supply Chain Management.
- A removed feature is no longer available in the product.
- A deprecated feature is not in active development and may be removed in a future update.
Before any feature is removed from the product, the deprecation notice will be announced in the Removed or deprecated features in Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management topic 12 months prior to the removal.
For breaking changes that only affect compilation time, but are binary compatible with sandbox and production environments, the deprecation time will be less than 12 months. Typically, these are functional updates that need to be made to the compiler.