Warehouse app event processing
Batch jobs running in Supply Chain Management can use data from a queue for processing events issued by the Warehouse Management mobile app to react as needed to the signaled events. This feature add relevant events to the queue in response to certain types of actions taken by workers using the app. An example is when using the Create and process transfer orders from the warehouse app feature, the transfer order header and lines get created and updated in the back end when the system is running the Process warehouse app events batch job.
Enable the Process warehouse app events feature
Before you can use this feature, it must be enabled on your system. Administrators can use the feature management page to check the feature status and enable it if needed. The Process warehouse app events feature is listed as:
- Module - Warehouse management
- Feature name - Process warehouse app events
Set up a batch job to process warehouse app events
Process warehouse app events
Set up a scheduled batch job to process the warehouse app events for the transfer order creation and line updates.
- Go to Warehouse management > Periodic tasks > Process warehouse app events.
- The Process warehouse app events dialog box opens. Expand the Run in background FastTab and set Batch processing to Yes.
- On the Run in the background FastTab, select Recurrence.
- The Define recurrence dialog box opens. Set the run schedule as needed for your business.
- Select OK to return to the Process warehouse app events dialog box.
- Select OK in the Process warehouse app events dialog box to add the batch job to the batch queue.
Query warehouse app events
You can view the event queue and events messages generated by the Warehouse Management mobile app by going to Warehouse management > Inquiries and reports > Mobile device logs > Warehouse app events.
The standard event queue process
The warehouse app events queue will typically be used with the following described flow:
- An event gets added to the queue with an event message. The new message initially has an Event state of Waiting, which means that the Process warehouse app events batch job will not pick up and process this message.
- As soon as the message state is updated to Queued, the Process warehouse app events batch job will pick up and process the event.
- The batch job updates the event states to either Completed or Failed, depending on whether the requested process was possible.
- When all the related event messages are Completed, the event is deleted from the queue.
For a detailed example, see Create transfer order from warehouse app process.
Handle event errors
As part of the warehouse event processing, the requested message activity may not receive processes from the batch job. In this case, the event message will change to Failed. You can use the Batch log information to learn why and take needed action to correct any problems.
For a detailed example, see Create transfer order from warehouse app.
To reset a failed warehouse app event message:
- Go to Warehouse management > Inquiries and reports > Mobile device logs > Warehouse app events.
- On the Warehouse app event messages FastTab, find and select a relevant event that is showing Failed in the Event state column.
- Select Reset from the Warehouse app event messages toolbar.
- Continue working until all relevant messages are reset.
You can also remove a Failed event message by using the Delete option on the Warehouse app event messages toolbar.