Download Electronic reporting configurations from Lifecycle Services
This topic explains how to download Electronic reporting (ER) configurations from Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services (LCS).
This tutorial guides you through the process of downloading the newest version of Electronic reporting (ER) configurations from Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services (LCS).
Sign in to Finance and Operations by using one of the following roles:
- Electronic reporting developer
- Electronic reporting functional consultant
- System administrator
Go to Organization administration > Electronic reporting.
- In the Configuration providers section, select the Microsoft tile.
- On the Microsoft tile, click Repositories.
On the Configuration repositories page, in the grid, select the existing repository of the LCS type. If this repository doesn't appear in the grid, follow these steps:
- Click Add to add a new repository.
- Select LCS as the repository type.
- Click Create repository.
- If prompted, follow the authorization instructions.
- Enter a name and description for the repository.
- Click OK to confirm the new repository entry.
- In the grid, select the new repository of the LCS type.
- In the configurations tree in the left pane, select the ER configuration that you require.
- On the Versions FastTab, select the required version of the selected ER configuration.
- Click Import to download the selected version from LCS to the current Finance and Operations instance. Note: The Import button is unavailable for ER configuration versions that are already present in the current Finance and Operations instance.
Note: Depending on the ER settings, configurations are validated after they are imported. You might be notified about any inconsistency issues that are discovered. You must resolve those issues before you can use the imported configuration version. For more information, see the list of related articles for this topic.