Custom services for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
You can develop custom services for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Enterprise edition. When a developer writes a custom service under a service group, the service group is always deployed on two endpoints:
- SOAP endpoint
- JSON endpoint
SOAP-based custom service
SOAP-based services remain the same as they were in AX 2012.
Code examples for consuming custom services using SOAP are available in the Microsoft Dynamics AX Integration GitHub repository.
- All the service groups under the AOTService group node are automatically deployed.
- All services that must be deployed must be part of a service group.
The SOAP endpoint is at
For more information, see:
- Using Custom Services [AX 2012] (TechNet)
- Walkthrough: Exposing an X++ Class as a Data Contract (TechNet)
- Custom services Office Mix presentation.
JSON-based Custom Service
The JSON Endpoint is at
Code examples for consuming JSON services are available in the Microsoft Dynamics AX Integration GitHub repository.