Record entry points in Dynamics AX Enterprise Portal
You can record business process flows in Enterprise Portal for Microsoft Dynamics AX by using event traces. You can then view the business process flows in the Security Development Tool.
|This is pre-release documentation of a preliminary nature and is subject to change at any time without notice. Microsoft cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information provided herein.|
Collect event traces for Enterprise Portal entry points by using Windows Performance Monitor
- On a computer that is running the instance of Enterprise Portal that you want to collect event traces from, open Windows Performance Monitor. In the navigation pane, under Data Collector Sets, right-click User Defined, select New, and then click Data Collector Set.
- Enter a unique name for the new data collector set. Select Create from a template, and then click Next.
- Click Browse, and then select the EP EntryPointTracingTemplate.xml template that was installed together with the Security Development Tool. Click Next.
- Enter the address of the root directory where you want to save the data, or click Browse to search for a directory. Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Select the new data collector set, and then click Start.
- Navigate to the Enterprise Portal site, and execute your business scenario.
- Stop the data collector set.
- Convert the trace log to XML format.
- Open Windows Event Viewer.
- Right-click the Applications and Service Logs node, and then select Open Saved Log.
- Select the output file that you created in step 4. Output files have the .etl extension.
- When you are prompted, click Yes to create a new copy of the event log.
- Enter a unique name for the log, and then click OK. The log is displayed in the Saved Logs node.
- Right-click the saved log, and then select Save All Events As.
- In the Save as type field, select Xml (XML File) (*.xml), and then enter a unique name for the file. You do not have to include display information.
Load the trace file
On the ribbon of the main form, click Load trace file.
Select the .xml file that was created by using the Enterprise Portal event traces. A new window opens that displays all entry points that have been recorded.
Tip Sort the entry points by the System user role access level column, and then remove all entry points for which the access level of the System User role is anything other than NoAccess.
To update the level of access for the recorded entry points, select multiple rows in the list, and then click Mark as recorded. You are returned to the main form, and the entry points are marked as recorded. From the main form, you can use the Set entry point permissions function to update the access level. When you have finished, you can switch back to the window that displays the trace data for the Enterprise Portal entry point by clicking Go to the Enterprise Portal trace data window.