In Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services, the System diagnostics helps administrators monitor and understand the health of one or more Microsoft Dynamics AX environments. It is a cloud-based tool that has a locally-installed component that can be configured to perform the following tasks:
- Discover on-premises Microsoft Dynamics AX environments (database instances and Microsoft Dynamics AX Application Object Server (AOS) instances).
- Collect data from the environments that were discovered.
- Run rules on the collected data.
- Report rule violations on a dashboard.
- Provide reports.
Data is collected by using jobs that run on predefined schedules. The following diagram describes how System diagnostics and the locally-installed components interact. System diagnostic service
System diagnostics supports the following versions of Microsoft Dynamics AX:
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Feature Pack
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3
Before you can use the System diagnostics, you must complete the following tasks:
- Download and run the installer for the Diagnostic service.
- Run the Discovery wizard.
- Schedule or run data collection.
The following topics explain how to install and use System diagnostics.