Manage Finance and Operations support experiences
To use the Support tool, you must have previously created a project in Lifecycle Services (LCS) and installed and ran the System diagnostics in your environment. For more information, see System diagnostics (Lifecycle Services, LCS).
Open a new incident
In LCS, navigate to the project for which you want to file a support incident.
Click the Support tile.
On the Submitted to Microsoft tab, click the Submit an incident button.
Select an issue category.
Select an issue area.
In the Describe your issue window, enter the following:
- Select Yes if the issue occured in an environment. Select the environment name.
- Enter a short description of your issue in the Title field.
- Provide details about the issue detail and the steps needed to reproduce the error.
- If applicable, enter an error message.
- If possible, attach screenshots that illustrate the problem. To do this, click Attach file from computer.
When you create an incident, Issue search will populate the top 10 "Possible issue solutions" search results based on the your selection and input, and dynamically refresh these results as more details are provided during support case creation.
Standalone Issue search is still accessible via the dropdown menu if you need to search for more solutions.
Enter the primary contact information. These contact details will be used by the customer support team to contact you about the case.
Select the support contract and the severity level.
- Support contracts for on-premises environments have a limited incident count.
- Support contracts for cloud environments have an unlimited incident count.
- For on-premises products or cloud environments, from the list of available support contracts, select the support option to use if you have multiple tier support contracts.
After you click Submit, an incident is created and added to the Incidents list. You will receive an email message from the Microsoft Support Engineer assigned to your case.
Manage support plans
If you purchased a support plan, such as Premier Support or Advance Support for Partners, you will need to add it to LCS Support before you create a new ticket.
On the Submitted to Microsoft tab, click Manage support plans.
On the Manage support plans page, click Add contract to enter the Access ID and Password/Contract ID.
Remove a Premier support plan
If you need to remove a Premier support plan from one or more of your contracts, you can do so using the Premier Portal.
- Log in to the Premier Portal.
- Select the contracts you want to remove from the Accociated access IDs, and then click Remove.
Report production outage
Report production outage provides a quick and effective channel to escalate issues to Microsoft Support in the event that the services in a production environment are degraded or become unavailable.
This feature is available to all customers that have purchased Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations and have implementation projects with a production environment deployed in LCS.
A production outage is defined as one or more system-wide issues on a live production environment that impact multiple users and prevent your business from performing daily operations.
- In a live production environment, a customer experiences an outage or other situation that prevents business from continuing.
- The customer reports a production outage issue by using the LCS Support portal.
- The customer selects a production outage issue and provides additional information.
- A Microsoft support engineer acknowledges the production outage ticket within 30 minutes of submission and begins to immediately collaborate with stakeholders to investigate and resolve the issue.
- A support engineer contacts the customer to provide a status update
Access and availibility
All users that have been added to a customer's implementation project have access to this feature. This includes project owners, organization admins, team members, and environment managers.
This feature is available to:
- Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operation
- Environments managed by Microsoft
- A production environment in the LCS Project
- All support plans
Report a production outage
Log into your LCS project.
From the hamburger menu, click Support.
On the Submitted To Microsoft tab, click Report production outage.
Confirm the production outage, select the outage scenario from the drop-down list, and then click Continue.
Add a title and details about the outage, and then click Next.
Provide contact information, and then click Next.
If you don't see your situation listed in the outage scenarios, enter a support incident through LCS. If, during the initial investigation by a Microsoft support engineer, it is found the situation does not meet the current list of production outage scenarios, the support incident will be transferred to the correct support team and SLA based on your current support plan.
We'd love to hear your thoughts. Choose the type you'd like to provide:
Our feedback system is built on GitHub Issues. Read more on our blog.