You can now submit requests directly to the Dynamics Service Engineering (DSE) team by using Lifecycle Services (LCS) instead of using Connect or LCS, depending on the request. This functionality, which was added in the September release of LCS, allows you to submit requests using a single portal and view the status of your requests in LCS. You can also audit which requests are submitted and executed on your environment. There are two ways to submit a request.
- On the project dashboard, in the Environments pane, select Service requests.
- On the LCS menu, click Support, and on the Work items page, select the Service requests tab.
The following request types are supported by this functionality:
- Other requests – This includes requests other than those listed above or automated flow requests. For example, you might use this request type for upgrade or to request the system be put into maintenance mode. Note, this should not be used to submit support requests.
- Package application – To apply a package to the production environment, on the Environment details page, click Maintain to select the package to apply, and then select Schedule.
- Environment deployment – To set the deployment options and submit a request to the Dynamics Service Engineering team to deploy a new environment, click Configure on the Environments pane.
- Database point-in-time restore – This includes, for example, restoring a non-production database to a specific point in time.
Database refresh – This includes, for example, the ability to refresh a database from production to sandbox.
After the database refresh request has been completed by DSE, you must perform the following additional steps.
When copying a database between environments, you will need to run the environment re-provisioning tool before the copied database is fully functional, to ensure that all Retail components are up-to-date.
We recommend that you run this procedure whether you are using Retail components or not, because Retail functionality is included in all environments.
Before you continue, you must make sure that the following prerequisites are met:
- If your target enviornment is running the July 2017 release or later, apply KB 4035399.
- If your target environment is running the November release (version 1611), apply the following hotfixes:
- KB 4025631
- KB 4035355
- KB 4035492
- KB 4010947
- The default channel database and the default channel data group must be named Default. If you've renamed them, you must change the names back.
Follow these steps to run the Environment reprovisioning tool.
- In the Shared asset library, select Software deployable package.
- Download the Environment reprovisioning tool.
- In the asset library for your project, select Software deployable package.
- Select New to create a new package.
- Enter a name and description for the package. You can use Environment reprovisioning tool as the package name.
- Upload the package that you downloaded earlier.
- On the Environment details page for your target environment, select Maintain > Apply updates.
- Select the Environment reprovisioning tool that you uploaded earlier, and then select Apply to apply the package.
- Monitor the progress of the package deployment.