In Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services, you can record information about custom business processes by using an updated version of Task recorder. You can then upload the files that you record to Business process modeler.
This topic explains where to find the updated version of Task recorder and how to upload the custom business process files that you record. The updated version of Task recorder is available as a hotfix. You can download the hotfix from the following sites:
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 and Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Feature Pack – Knowledgebase article 2863182
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 – Knowledgebase article 2863182
For more information about how to work with the updated Task recorder, see Task recorder update for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
Upload custom recorded business processes
You can upload business process artifacts (*.axbpm files) to the business process library. These files are generated from Task recorder. After they are uploaded, you can view and modify the recorded processes in Business process modeler. To upload custom business processes that you recorded, follow these steps:
- On the Project home page, click the Business process modeler tile.
- On the Business process library page, click Upload in the My libraries section or the Corporate libraries section.
- On the Upload page, select the industry and enter a name and description for the file that you are uploading. Click Upload, select the .axbpm file, and then click OK. The upload process can take some time. You can view the status of the upload on the Administration page.
- After the business process file has been uploaded, you can view the business process framework from the Business process library page.