Configure a line-item workflow
This topic explains how to configure a line-item workflow element.
To configure a line-item workflow element, in the workflow editor, right-click the element, and then click Properties to open the Properties page. Then use the following procedures to configure the properties of the line-item workflow element.
Name the line-item workflow element
Follow these steps to enter a name for the line-item workflow element.
- In the left pane, click Basic Settings.
- In the Name field, enter a unique name for the line-item workflow element.
Specify whether the same workflow is used to process all line items
Follow these steps to specify whether the same workflow is used to process all the line items on a document.
In the left pane, click Basic Settings.
If the same workflow should process all the line items on a document, click Invoke a single workflow for all line-items. Then select the workflow to use to process the line items.
If a specific workflow should process line items that meet a specific set of conditions, click Invoke a workflow for each line-item. Then follow these steps to define the set of conditions:
- Click Add.
- Select the condition in the table.
- On the Condition name tab, enter a name for the set of conditions that you're defining.
- Click Add condition to enter a condition.
- Enter any additional conditions that are required.
- To verify that the set of conditions that you entered is configured correctly, click Test. On the Test workflow condition page, in the Validate condition area, select a record, and then click Test. The system evaluates the record to determine whether it meets the conditions that you defined. Click OK or Cancel to return to the Properties page.
On the Workflow tab, select the workflow select the workflow to use to process line items that meet the set of conditions that you defined.