Create a free text invoice
We will not be accepting edits to this topic, because it is generated from a business process in Lifecycle Services.
This task guide demonstrates creating a free text invoice. This task uses the USMF demo company.
- Go to Accounts receivable > Invoices > All free text invoices.
- Click New.
- In the Customer account field, select a value.
- The invoice account will default to the same account used for the customer account.
- The accounting status starts with In process if the invoice is not posted.
- The invoice number will be assigned when the invoice is posted.
- If you are using SEPA mandates, the direct debit mandate will be automatically populated with a mandate when you select the customer account.
- In the Description field, type a value.
- In the Main account field, specify an account number without dimensions.
- You can also enter one or more characters for the main account and use the lookup to find your account. You will enter dimensions later on in this guide.
- Expand the Line details fasttab so you can add dimensions to your main account.
- Click the Financial dimensions line tab.
- The dimensions are for the selected line only.
- The sales tax group is populated from the customer. If the customer does not have a sales tax group, the sales tax group from the main account is used.
- The items sales tax group is populated from the main account. If the main account does not have a item sales tax group, then the item sales tax group in the General ledger sales tax parameters is used.
- In the Quantity field, enter a number.
- The quantity is optional.
- In the Unit price field, enter a number.
- The unit price is optional.
- The amount is calculated as the quantity times the unit price. However, you can override that calculation and enter an amount.
- Click on Sales tax to view the sales tax calculated for your invoice.
- View the sales tax amounts in this page or you can override the amounts on the Adjustment tab.
- Click OK.
- Click Charges to add a charge to your invoice.
- In the Charges code field, type a value.
- In the Charges value field, enter a number.
- Close the page.
- Click Totals to view the summary invoice details and totals.
- Click Close.
- Click Post to post the invoice. You will be able to cancel before you post.
- To change the timing of your invoice printing: Select Current to print each invoice as it is updated or Select After to print after all invoices have been updated.
- If you want to change how the customer's credit limit is checked before posting, change the Credit limit type.
- If you want to print the invoice, select Yes.
- If you want to post the invoice, select Yes. You can print the invoice without posting.
- Click OK.