We will not be accepting edits to this topic, because it is generated from a business process in Lifecycle Services.
You can register details of a postdated cheque received from a customer. You can also post the postdated cheque and generate financial transactions. Complete the following tasks before you register and post a postdated cheque received from a customer: • Set up postdated Cheques in the Cash and bank management page • Set up a method of payment for postdated Cheques The role for this procedure is Treasurer. This procedure uses the USMF demo company.
- Go to Accounts receivable > Payments > Payment journal.
- Click New.
- In the Name field, type a value.
- Click Lines.
- In the list, mark the selected row.
- In the Account field, specify the desired values.
- In the Credit field, enter a number.
- Enter the amount specified in the postdated cheque.
- Click the Payment tab.
- In the Method of payment field, type a value.
- Select the method of payment for the postdated cheque
- Click the Postdated checks tab.
- In the Maturity date field, enter a date.
- Enter the date when the postdated cheque is due for payment.
- In the Issuing bank branch field, type a value.
- Enter the bank details of the postdated cheque.
- In the cheque number field, type a value.
- In the Issuing bank name field, type a value.
- Enter the bank details of the postdated check.
- Click Post.
- Close the page.