Calculate fixed asset depreciation across legal entities
We will not be accepting edits to this topic, because it is generated from a business process in Lifecycle Services.
Use this procedure to change the fixed asset group that a fixed asset is assigned to. Fixed assets should be assigned to the correct fixed asset group. The fixed asset group is used when you create inquiries and reports, set up new fixed assets, and integrate ledgers and post fixed asset transactions to the appropriate ledger accounts.
This recording uses the USMF demo company.
- Go to Fixed assets > Fixed assets > Fixed assets.
- Select the fixed asset to change the fixed asset group for.
- Click Change fixed asset group.
- In the New group field, enter or select a value.
- Set the New fixed asset number option to Yes to assign a fixed asset number to the selected fixed asset.
- The Fixed asset number field becomes available when the New fixed asset number option is set to Yes. If automatic numbering is set up for fixed assets, this field shows the next available fixed asset number. You can change the number. If manual numbering is set up for fixed assets, this field is blank, and you must enter the new fixed asset number.
- Click OK.
- Click Yes.