Change a fixed asset group
We will not be accepting edits to this topic, because it is generated from a business process in Lifecycle Services.
Fixed assets should be assigned to the correct fixed assets group. The fixed assets group is used when you:
Create inquiries and reports
Set up new fixed assets
Integrate ledgers and post fixed asset transactions to the appropriate ledger accounts
This guide uses the USMF demo company.
- Go to Fixed assets > Fixed assets > Fixed assets.
- Select the fixed asset you would like to change the fixed asset group on.
- Click Change fixed asset group.
- In the New group field, enter or select a value.
- Select this option to assign a fixed asset number to the selected fixed asset.
- The Fixed asset number field is available if you select the New fixed asset number option. If automatic numbering is set up for fixed assets, this field shows the next available fixed asset number. You can change the number. If manual numbering is set up, this field is blank and you must enter the new fixed asset number.
- Click OK.
- Click Yes.