Set up a ledger account alias
We will not be accepting edits to this topic, because it is generated from a business process in Lifecycle Services.
This procedure shows how to create an account alias that provides a shortcut for entering an account number. This procedure users demo data company USMF.
- Go to General ledger > Chart of accounts > Accounts > Ledger account alias.
- Click New.
- In the Ledger account alias field, type a value.
- In the Account structure field, select the structure the account and dimensions belong to.
- In the Company field, click the drop-down button to open the lookup.
- In the list, find and select the company that the alias applies to.
- In the list, click the link in the selected row.
- In the Ledger account alias definition field, specify the account and dimensions.
- The account and dimensions will be populated when using the shortcut.
- In the Initial focus field, select the dimension that will have focus when the alias is used.
- After you type the shortcut, and the account and dimensions are populated, the Initial focus field is where the cursor or focus will move to.