Chinese tax integration modification for VAT customer invoices FAQ
You can generate value-added tax (VAT) customer invoices, and then export them as text files. You can then import reference numbers for the VAT customer invoices that can be linked to the original invoices.
Before you export a VAT customer invoice, you can split the VAT customer invoice to create multiple invoice documents. You can also combine multiple VAT customer invoices to create one invoice export document that contains the line details of the original invoices.
What is a VAT customer invoice?
A VAT customer invoice is generated when you post a customer transaction that uses the sales tax group for VAT and the item sales tax group for VAT. You can generate a VAT customer invoice from a sales order, return sales order, credit note, free text invoice, or project sales invoice.
Can I create one tax integration profile for multiple types of documents?
Yes. You can create one tax integration profile for multiple types of documents.
When should I split a VAT customer invoice?
You should split a VAT customer invoice if the Over amount limit check box is selected on the VAT invoice integration page. The Over amount limit option is selected for the invoices that have a total invoice amount that exceeds the amount limit that you specify in the Maximum invoice amount field on the Tax integration profiles page.
Which VAT customer invoices can I combine?
You can combine VAT customer invoices that use the same invoice account number and sales tax code.
How many times can I export an invoice?
You can only export an invoice one time.
Can I export summarized invoice lines including miscellaneous charge amounts if charges are applied for the invoice line?
You can export an invoice and its lines with summarized invoice line amounts including miscellaneous charges if Add line charges into invoice line check box is selected on the Tax integration profile page.
Can I customize or add new information on VAT customer invoices?
Yes. You can customize VAT customer invoices by adding other fields, and then you can export the VAT customer invoices as text files.
To customize VAT customer invoices to include other details, follow these steps:
- On the Electronic reporting page, select Reporting configurations to open Configurations.
- In the tree, select Golden Tax(CN).
- Click Designer. Add other fields on the tree under Exported Invoices > Invoices, and save the GER model.
- Click Map model to data source and select Golden Tax > Designer.
- Click Save and return to Configurations.
- Map the added fields to a table.
- Select GoldenTax(CN) in the tree.
- Click Change status > Complete to get a new version of the model.
- Expand GoldenTax(CN) in the tree.
- Select the GoldenTax(CN) format in the tree.
- Click Rebase. Confirm that the target version is the new completed version.
- Click OK to finish the rebase process.
- Click Designer to open the format designer.
- In the format designer, add new fields in the tree that are present in text files.
- Select the newly added field, and click the Mapping tab.
- Expand the model in the tree.
- Select the newly added model field and then click Bind.
- Click Save.
- Click Change status > Complete to get a new version.