This topic describes the two methods for getting file formats that you can use for methods of payment.
There are two methods that you can use to get file formats for use with methods of payment, electronic reporting (ER) file formats or X++ file formats. When you set up a method of payment for a customer or vendor, you indicate which file formats and standards should be used for payments and how payments will be processed. You can select from the following types of formats:
Method 1: Electronic reporting file formats
For file formats that are based on ER configurations, you must import the configurations from Lifecycle Services (LCS). For more information, see Download Electronic reporting configurations from Lifecycle Services. After you import reporting configurations for those file formats, the imported formats will be available to select on the Methods of payment page. The process for importing and selecting file formats for Europe is similar to the procedure for Japan.
Method 2: X++ file formats
To select file formats that are based on X++ code, complete the following steps.
- Go to the Methods of payment page.
- On the File formats FastTab, click Setup.
- Select the tab that corresponds with the file format type.
- Select a file format from the Available list and move it to the Selected list with the arrow control.
- Close the File formats for methods of payment page.
- On the File formats FastTab, select the file format to use for the method of payment from the appropriate file format field. The General electronic reporting options should be set to No for X++ file formats.