Customer registration IDs and other information (Mexico)
We will not be accepting edits to this topic, because it is generated from a business process in Lifecycle Services.
This procedure walks you through creating a customer with the fiscal information and other related information used in electronic invoices and legal reports for Mexico. This procedure was created using the demo data company MXMF.
- Go to Accounts receivable > Customers > All customers.
- Click New.
- In the Name field, type a value.
- In the Customer group field, type a value.
- Click Save.
- In the list, click the link in the selected row.
- Select the customer that was created previously.
- Expand or collapse the Miscellaneous details section.
- In the Company type field, select an option.
- In the RFC number field, enter the 12 or 13-character RFC number of the customer..
- The Federal Registration for Taxpayers (RFC) number is the tax identification number assigned by tax authorities to a person or a corporation. The tax registration IDs are validated according to the format specified by tax authorities in Mexico.
- In the CURP number field, enter the 18-character CURP number of the customer..
- If the Company type for this customer is Legal Person, this field is required.
- In the State inscription field, type a value.
- In the Tax registration ID field, type a value.
- If the Company type for this customer is Foreign, this filed is required.
- Click Save.