Use assemble list for fixed assets (Japan)
We will not be accepting edits to this topic, because it is generated from a business process in Lifecycle Services.
In Japan, you can transfer an inventory item to a fixed asset.
This task walks you through using the assembly list to consume inventory items and create the fixed asset at the same time.
This task was created using the demo data company JPMF.
Assign component in an assembly list
- Go to Fixed assets > Fixed assets > Fixed assets.
- In the list, mark the selected row.
- Select the fixed asset that you want to assign the assembly list to.
- On the Action Pane, click Fixed asset.
- Click Components.
- Click Add.
- In the Item number field, type a value.
- For example: enter 'D0001'
- Click Save.
Use the assembly list to post a fixed asset write-up transaction
- Go to Fixed assets > .. > Fixed assets journal.
- Click New.
- In the Name field, type a value.
- Click Lines.
- In the Date field, enter a date.
- In the Transaction type field, select 'Write up adjustment'.
- In the Account field, specify the desired values.
- Select the fixed asset number that you have assigned to the assembly list.
- In the Debit field, enter a number.
- Enter the cost of the inventory item.
- Click Post.