Allocate a project budget or budget revision across periods
We will not be accepting edits to this topic, because it is generated from a business process in Lifecycle Services.
After you enter a project budget or project budget revision, and before you submit it for approval, you can allocate the amounts across periods. If the budget or budget revision is rejected, you can also allocate the amounts before you resubmit it.
After a budget or budget revision has been allocated, you can review the allocation amounts and make adjustments to them before you submit the budget or budget revision to the approval workflow.
- Click Project management and accounting > Common > Projects > All projects.
- Select or open the project for which you want to allocate the budget or budget revision.
- On the Action Pane, on the Plan tab, in the Budget group, click Project budget.
- In the Project budget form, on the Action Pane, on the Budget tab, click Allocate budget.
- In the Allocate budget form, in the Allocate from and Allocate to fields, enter the first and last dates that you want to include
in the budget allocation. These are usually either the first and last dates of the whole project, or the first and last dates of the
[NOTE!] After a transaction type has been allocated and the amounts approved, the allocation time period cannot be changed in future budget revisions.
- In the By time period field, select whether you want to allocate the project budget by year, quarter, or company fiscal periods within the year.
- Select the transaction types to allocate, and then click Allocate.
- In the Project budget allocation form or the Project budget revision allocation form, review or update the amounts that are allocated.
- Close the page.
- When the allocation is the way that you want it, click Submit in the Project budget page to send the budget or budget revisions to the approval workflow.