Initialize seed data in new Retail environments
This topic applies to Dynamics 365 for Retail and Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
This article describes the data that's created as part of the initialization process for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Retail.
After the Retail solution has been deployed through Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services (LCS), you must initialize the retail configuration to create the basic configuration data.
Before you initialize the retail configuration, make sure that you've specified a language and a postal address for each legal entity where you will set up retail stores. This step must be completed for each legal entity that you use for retail.
To initialize the retail configuration, follow these steps.
- Start the Dynamics 365 for Retail client.
- Click Retail > Headquarters setup > Parameters > Retail parameters.
- Click Initialize.
Initialization creates the following default configuration data:
- Retail scheduler jobs and subjobs
- Retail channel schema
- Retail distribution schedules
- Default screen layouts, which include button grids, images, and themes
- Time zone information
- Point-of-sale (POS) operations
- POS permissions
- Channel reports
- Attribute metadata
- Entity validation templates
- Batch job to purge Commerce Data Exchange session history
Additionally, logging that is related to the payment card industry (PCI) is enabled for the Dynamics 365 for Retail database.
There is an option to separately configure the Retail scheduler. This option lets you reset the Retail scheduler configuration to its default settings.
After initialization is completed, you must configure additional retail data. Here are some examples:
- Retail parameters
- Retail scheduler parameters
- Retail channels
- Registers and devices
We'd love to hear your thoughts. Choose the type you'd like to provide:
Our feedback system is built on GitHub Issues. Read more on our blog.