This topic applies to Dynamics 365 for Retail, Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Enterprise edition, and Dynamics 365 for Talent.
Retail Modern point of sale (POS) and Cloud POS can utilize a wide range of POS hardware peripherals, with multiple interfaces and deployment options to achieve a retailer’s various business scenarios.
To support the widest selection of devices across manufactures and models, POS utilizes standard interfaces such as OLE for Retail POS (OPOS), Windows device drivers, and Windows point of service application program interfaces (APIs). Generally, POS will work on these devices provided that the appropriate driver is supplied. However, because each manufacturer and software developer’s implementation of these standards can vary, there are often differences in supported capabilities or behaviors.
The following list includes device models, in each class, that have been tested internally by Microsoft.
- Barcode – Motorola DS9208
- MSR – HP IDRA-334133, Magtek PN - 21073062
- LineDisplay – Epson M58DC
- Pinpad – Verifone 1000SE
- Signature pad – Scriptel ST1550
- Printer – EPSON TM-T88IV, TMT88V
- Cash drawer – Star SMD2-1317BK44
- Scale – Datalogic Magellan 8400
Keyboard wedge MSR
- Magtek USB
- Equinox L3500
- Verifone MX925
- Printer – Star TSP650II
- Cash drawer – APG Atwood
- Payment terminal – MX915, MX925
MPOS direct IPC only
- Barcode – Honeywell 1900, HP LS2208
- MSR – Magtek PN - 21073075