A common scenario for any retailer is to sell products to their customers or accept returns from their customers even if they don’t carry the specific products in their store (in other words, the products are not assorted to the store). Here are some typical scenarios:
- A retailer doesn’t carry all its products in a specific store. The remaining products are stored in the warehouse. The store associate can assist the customer by searching or browsing for the products in the warehouse, add them to the cart, and complete the checkout by selecting a delivery method, such as shipping to an address from the warehouse or letting the customer pick up the product from the current store or from another store.
- A retailer doesn’t carry specific products in the store or doesn’t have them in stock at the store the customer visited, but the products are available in other stores. The store associate can assist the customer by searching or browsing the products in the other store, add them to the cart, and complete the checkout by selecting a delivery method.
- A retailer has many stores in and around a specific city or zip code and doesn’t want to force the customers to return products to the same store they were purchased in. Instead, customers can return products to any store.
Those common scenarios are available for retailers using Dynamics 365 for Retail. With Retail, you can:
- Search or browse products at other stores.
- Search or browse all released products.
- Create cash-and-carry transactions or customer orders.
- Select delivery options for customer orders.
- Pick up products at the current store or another store.
- Cancel an order at the current store or another store.
- Return an order with or without the receipt at the current store or another store.