This page points to resources that will help you use the Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations - Supply Chain management more effectively.
What's new and in development
Go to the Dynamics 365 Roadmap to see what new features are released and what new features are in development.
Core concepts and tasks
- In the left pane, select a feature area to learn more about it.
- Process inbound ASNs in Warehouse management (video)
There are many topics about manufacturing and supply chain management on the Dynamics AX Manufacturing R&D Team Blog and Supply Chain Management in Dynamics AX R&D Team Blog . Most of these were written for the previous version of Finance and Operations, but the same concepts still apply, and the procedures are similar in the current version.
For example, you can read the recent posts about:
- Announcing Finance and Operations – Warehousing
- Improved packing functionality (Dynamics 365 for Operations 1611)
- Cross docking from production orders to transfer orders
- The Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations - Getting Started with Cost Accounting white paper provides the basic steps to configure Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations – Cost Accounting in order to make the actual cost analysis. It also provides a series of procedures that you can complete in the order which they appear.
- The Finance and Operations - Lean Manufacturing: Capable to Promise and Kanban Job Scheduling white paper describes the details of kanban job scheduling and introduces the concept of sales order taking that uses the capable to promise (CTP) method for delivery date control. It also explains how CTP can be combined with event kanbans to model assemble-to-order or build-to-order scenarios.
- The Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations - BOM Calculation by Using a Costing Sheet white paper describes how to set up a costing sheet that includes material and manufacturing, and how the setup affects the BOM calculation results. You can do exercises in the Appendix for learning purposes, and use the knowledge that you’ve gained from reading this document to do BOM calculation analysis.
For information about Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations training, see Microsoft Dynamics Learning Portal. (requires CustomerSource account)