Master planning for site coverage, mandatory warehouse
This topic describes how an item that has the site as coverage dimension is planned. Warehouse is a mandatory dimension.
This master planning scenario involves the following conditions:
- The site dimension is set to mandatory and must be entered on the demand transaction. This setting can't be modified.
- The warehouse dimension is set to mandatory and must be entered on the demand transaction.
- The site dimension is set for coverage planning. Other dimensions may be set for coverage planning also. However, they are not affected by the multisite functionality.
- The warehouse dimension is not set for coverage planning. Therefore, supply and demand are aggregated by site and, perhaps, other coverage-planned dimensions also.
The following graphic illustrates how master planning proceeds. The parameters that are referred to in the graphic, and their locations, are as follows:
- Item coverage is defined for the item. Click Product information management > Products> Released products. Select the item, and then click Plan > Item coverage.
- Refill relations are defined for the warehouse. Click Inventory management > Setup > Inventory breakdown > Warehouses. On the Master planning tab, see the Main warehouse field group.
- The default order type is set to Production, Purchase order, or Kanban. Click Product information management > Products> Released products. Select the item, and then click Plan > Default order settings. In the Default order settings form, see the Default order type.
We'd love to hear your thoughts. Choose the type you'd like to provide:
Our feedback system is built on GitHub Issues. Read more on our blog.