This topic describes how an item that has the site dimension set for coverage is planned.
This master planning scenario involves the following conditions:
- The site dimension is set to mandatory and must be entered on the demand transaction.
- The warehouse dimension is not set to mandatory. The warehouse may be known, but it is not used in the master planning calculation.
- The site dimension is set for coverage planning.
- The warehouse dimension is not set for coverage planning. Therefore, supply and demand are aggregated by site and, perhaps, other coverage-planned dimensions also.
The following graphic illustrates how master planning proceeds. The parameters that are referred to in the graphic, and their locations, are as follows:
- Item coverage is defined for the item. Click Product information management > Products> Released products. Select the item, and then click Plan > Item coverage.
- Refill relations are defined for the warehouse. Click Inventory management > Setup > Inventory breakdown > Warehouses. On the Master planning tab, see the Main warehouse field group.
- The default order type is set to Production, Purchase order or Kanban. Click Product information management > Products> Released products. Select the item, and then click Plan > Default order settings. In the Default order settings form, see the Default order type field.