Master planning for site coverage, warehouse not mandatory
This topic describes how an item that has the site dimension set for coverage is planned.
This master planning scenario involves the following conditions:
- The site dimension is set to mandatory and must be entered on the demand transaction.
- The warehouse dimension is not set to mandatory. The warehouse may be known, but it is not used in the master planning calculation.
- The site dimension is set for coverage planning.
- The warehouse dimension is not set for coverage planning. Therefore, supply and demand are aggregated by site and, perhaps, other coverage-planned dimensions also.
The following graphic illustrates how master planning proceeds. The parameters that are referred to in the graphic, and their locations, are as follows:
- Item coverage is defined for the item. Click Product information management > Products> Released products. Select the item, and then click Plan > Item coverage.
- Refill relations are defined for the warehouse. Click Inventory management > Setup > Inventory breakdown > Warehouses. On the Master planning tab, see the Main warehouse field group.
- The default order type is set to Production, Purchase order or Kanban. Click Product information management > Products> Released products. Select the item, and then click Plan > Default order settings. In the Default order settings form, see the Default order type field.