Create a schedule for a site
We will not be accepting edits to this topic, because it is generated from a business process in Lifecycle Services.
This procedure shows how to schedule production orders that are not yet started for a site. The demo data company USMF is used to complete this procedure.
Identify production orders that are not started
- Go to Production control > Production orders > All production orders.
- Use the Quick Filter to find records. For example, filter on the Site field with a value of '1'.
- 1 represents a site in USMF. If you are not using USMF, select a site from your own company.
- Open the Status column filter.
- Apply a filter on the "Status" field, with a value of "Scheduled", using the "is exactly" filter operator.
Create a schedule
- In the list, mark or unmark all rows.
- On the Action Pane, click Schedule.
- Click Schedule jobs.
- In the Scheduling direction field, select 'Backward from delivery date'.
- Select No in the Finite capacity field.
- Select No in the Finite material field.
- Click OK.
- This may take a while.
View the result of scheduled production orders
- In the list, mark the selected row.
- You can mark any row.
- On the Action Pane, click Production order.
- Click All jobs.
- On this page, you can see the list of jobs. On the Scheduling tab, you can see the Start date and End date for a job.
- Click Materials.
- On this page, you can see the estimated material consumption for the operations on the production order and the current available inventory.