We will not be accepting edits to this topic, because it is generated from a business process in Lifecycle Services.
This procedure shows how to modify the forecast for an item. The demo data company used to create this procedure is USMF. This recording is intended for the production planner.
Modify the forecast for an item
- Go to Product information management > Products > Released products.
- In the list, find and select the desired record.
- Select the item for which you want to modify the forecast. For example, you can select item D0001.
- On the Action Pane, click Plan.
- Click Demand forecast.
- In the list, mark the selected row.
- If there are no forecast lines, create a new line by . clicking New on the app bar.
- In the Sales quantity field, enter a number.
- This number represents the forecasted quantity for the item.
- Click Save.
Modify the forecast in Excel
- Click Open in Microsoft Office.
- Click Edit Demand forecast in Excel.
- In Excel, you can add, delete and edit demand forecast lines. If you are not able to see the data in Excel, you need to sign in to Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Enterprise edition with the "Keep me signed in" option enabled and you need to trust the data connection app.