Create a new product
We will not be accepting edits to this topic, because it is generated from a business process in Lifecycle Services.
This task shows how to create a new shared product. It is usually carried out by a product designer. The demo data company used to create this task is USMF.
- Go to Product information management > Products > Products.
Create a product
- Click New.
- In the Product number field, type a value.
- If a number sequence has not been set up for the product number, it must be entered manually.
- In the Product name field, type a value.
- The product name defaults to the search name. You can change this if needed.
- Click OK.
Set up dimension groups
- Click Dimension groups to open the drop dialog.
- In the Storage dimension group field, enter or select a value.
- The storage dimension group determines which storage dimensions you must enter on each transaction for the product and how it will be tracked in inventory.
- In the Tracking dimension group field, enter or select a value.
- The tracking dimension group determines which tracking dimensions you must enter for each transaction for the product, and how it will be handled in inventory.
- Click OK.