Maintain a route for a product model
We will not be accepting edits to this topic, because it is generated from a business process in Lifecycle Services.
Running this procedure requires that a product configuration model exists. This procedure uses the High end speaker model in the demo company USMF to walk you through the process.
Add a route operation
- Click Product variant model definition.
- Click Product configuration models.
- In the list, find and select the desired record.
- Select the High end speaker model for this exercise.
- In the list, click the link in the selected row.
- Expand the Route operations section.
- Click Add.
- In the Name field, type a value.
- In the Description field, type a value.
- Click Save.
Enter route operation details
- Click Route operation details.
- In the Operation field, enter or select a value.
- In the Oper. No. field, enter a number.
- Operation numbers determine the route sequence.
- Each property on a route operation can get a static value or be mapped to an attribute. Mapping to an attribute will result in the value being set as part of the configuration.
- In the Route group field, enter or select a value.
- The route group determines essential behavior for costing, consumption, and setup.
- Click the Setup tab.
- Click the Times tab.
- In the Process qty. field, enter a number.
- Determine how many will be processed during one operation.
- In the Hours/time field, enter a number.
- Enter the time ratio.
- Select the Set check box.
- In the Run time field, enter a number.
- Determine the processing time for the quantity that you have specified.
- Click the Resource requirements tab.
- Click Add.
- In the list, mark the selected row.
- In the Requirement type field, select an option.
- Decide if you want to specify specific resources or capabilities that they must possess.
- In the Requirement field, enter or select a value.
- Click OK.