We will not be accepting edits to this topic, because it is generated from a business process in Lifecycle Services.
This procedure shows how to end a production order. The demo data company used to create this procedure is USMF. This is the final procedure out of seven which explains the production order lifecycle.
End a production order
- Go to Production control > Production orders > All production orders.
- Select a production order that has the status Reported as finished.
- On the Action Pane, click Production order.
- Click End.
- On this page, you can confirm that you want to end the production order.
- Click the General tab.
- In the Date field, enter a date.
- In the Scrap method field, select 'Allocation'.
- When you select the Allocation method, costs from the scrapped materials are added to the finished goods.
- Click OK.
Validate calculation results
- On the Action Pane, click Manage costs.
- Click View cost comparison.
- After you have ended the production order, you can compare the estimated cost price against the realized cost price to get an overview of the production variances.