Before you can use the Prospect to cash solution, be familiar with Dynamics 365 Data Integration.
The topic discusses the templates and underlying tasks that are used to synchronize accounts from Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales (Sales) to Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Enterprise edition (Finance and Operations).
Template and task
The following templates and underlying tasks are used to synchronize accounts from Sales to Finance and Operations:
- Name of the template: Accounts (Sales to Fin and Ops)
- Name of the task in the project: Accounts - Account - Customers
Sync tasks required prior to Account / Customer sync: None
|Sales||CDS||Finance and Operations|
Accounts are managed in Sales and synchronized to Finance and Operations as Customers. The Is Externally Maintained property on these Customers is set to Yes to track Customers that originate from Sales. During invoicing, this information is used to filter invoices that are synchronized to Sales.
Prospect to cash solution for Sales
The Account Number field is available on the Account page. It has been made a natural and unique key to support the integration. The natural key feature of the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solution might affect customers who already use the Account Number field, but who don't use unique Account Number values per account. Currently, the integration solution doesn't support this case.
When a new account is created, if an Account Number value doesn't already exist, it's automatically generated by using a number sequence. The value consists of ACC, followed by an increasing number sequence and then a suffix of six characters. Here is an example: ACC-01000-BVRCPS
When the integration solution for Sales is applied, an upgrade script sets the Account Number field for existing accounts in Sales. If there are no Account Number values, the number sequence that was described earlier is used.
Preconditions and mapping setup
- CustomerGroupId must be updated to a valid value in Finance and Operations. You can specify a default value, or you can set the value by using a value map. The default template value is 10.
Address country region code is required in Finance and Operations. To avoid synchronization errors, you can specify a default value. That default value is then used if the field is left blank in Sales.
- The default template value for AddressCountryRegionISOCode is USA.
- The default template value for DeliveryAddressCountryRegionISOCode is USA.
By adding the following mappings from CDS > Destination, you can help reduce the number of manual updates that are required in Finance and Operations. You can use a default value or a value map from, for example, Country/Region or City.
- SiteId – A site is required in order to generate quotations and sales order lines in Finance and Operations. A default site can be taken either from the product, or from the customer from the order header. The default template value for SiteId is 1.
- WarehouseId – A warehouse is required in order to process quotations and sales order lines in Finance and Operations. A default warehouse can be taken either from the product, or from the customer from the order header in Finance and Operations. The default template value for WarehouseId is 13.
- LanguageId – A language is required in order to generate quotations and sales orders in Finance and Operations. By default, the language from the order header from the customer is used. The default template value for LanguageId is en-us.
Update the CDS organization ID (Organization_OrganizationId) in the Source > CDS mapping. The default template value is ORG001.
Template mapping in data integrator
The Payment terms, Freight terms, Delivery terms, Shipping method, and Delivery mode fields aren't included in the default mappings. To map these fields, you must set up a value mapping. Value mappings are specific to the data in the organizations that the entity is synchronized between.
The following illustrations show an example of a template mapping in data integrator.