Synchronize sales quotation headers and lines directly from Sales to Finance and Operations
The topic discusses the templates and underlying tasks that are used to synchronize sales quotation headers and lines directly from Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales to Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Enterprise edition.
Before you can use the Prospect to cash solution, you should be familiar with Dynamics 365 Data integration.
Template and tasks
The following template and underlying tasks are used to synchronize sales quotation headers and lines directly from Sales to Finance and Operations:
- Name of the template in Data integration: Sales Quotes (Sales to Fin and Ops) - Direct
Names of the tasks in the Data integration project:
The following synchronization tasks are required before synchronization of sales quotation headers and lines can occur:
- Products (Fin and Ops to Sales) - Direct
- Accounts (Sales to Fin and Ops) - Direct (if used)
- Contacts to Customers (Sales to Fin and Ops) - Direct (if used)
|Sales||Finance and Operations|
|Quotes||CDS sales quotation header|
|QuoteDetails||CDS sales quotation lines|
Sales quotations are created in Sales and synchronized to Finance and Operations.
Sales quotations from Sales are synchronized only if the following conditions are met:
- All quote products on the sales quotation are externally maintained.
- After you click Activate quote, the sales quotation is active.
Prospect to cash solution for Sales
The Has Externally Maintained Products Only field has been added to the Quote entity to consistently track whether the sales quotation consists entirely of externally maintained products. If a sales quotation has only externally maintained products, the products are maintained in Finance and Operations. This behavior helps guarantee that you don't try to synchronize sales quotation lines that have products that are unknown to Finance and Operations.
All quote products on the sales quotation are updated with the Has Externally Maintained Products Only information from the sales quotation header. This information is found in the Quote Has Externally Maintained Products Only field on the QuoteDetails entity.
A discount can be added to the quote product and will be synchronized to Finance and Operations. The Discount, Charges, and Tax fields on the header are controlled by a setup in Finance and Operations. Currently, this setup doesn't support integration mapping. In the current design, the Price, Discount, Charge, and Tax fields are maintained and handled in Finance and Operations.
In Sales, the solution makes the following fields read-only, because the values aren't synchronized to Finance and Operations:
- Read-only fields on the sales quotation header: Discount %, Discount, and Freight Amount
- Read-only fields on quote products: Tax
Preconditions and mapping setup
Before sales quotations are synchronized, it's important that you update the following settings.
Setup in Sales
Make sure that permissions are set up for the team that the user from your connection set in Sales is assigned to. If you're using demo data, the user usually has admin access, but the team doesn't have admin access. If the team doesn't have admin access when you run the project from Data integration, you will receive an error message that states that the Principal team is missing.
To set up permissions for the team, go to Settings > Security > Teams, and select the relevant team. Select Manage Roles, and then select a role that has the desired permissions, such as System Administrator.
Go to Settings > Administration > System settings > Sales, and make sure that the following settings are used:
- The Use system prizing calculation system option is set to Yes.
- The Discount calculation method field is set to Line item.
Setup in the Data integration project
Make sure that the required mapping exists for Shipto_country to DeliveryAddressCountryRegionISOCode. In the value map, you can define a default value that is used if the value is left blank. Just leave the left side blank, and set the right side to the desired country or region. In this way, you don't have to type the country or region for national orders.
The template value is a value map where several countries or regions are mapped, and where a blank value equals a value of US.
- Make sure that the required value map exists for SalesUnitSymbol in Finance and Operations.
Make sure that the required units are defined in Sales.
A template value that has a value map is defined for oumid.name to SalesUnitSymbol.
Optional: You can add the following mappings to help guarantee that sales quotation lines are imported into Finance and Operations if there is no default information from either the customer or the product:
- SiteId – A site is required in order to generate quotations and sales order lines in Finance and Operations. There is no default template value for SiteId.
- WarehouseId – A warehouse is required in order to process quotations and sales order lines in Finance and Operations. There is no default template value for WarehouseId.
Template mapping in data integrator
- The Discount, Charges, and Tax fields are controlled by a complex setup in Finance and Operations. Currently, this setup doesn't support integration mapping. In the current design, the Price, Discount, Charge, and Tax fields are handled by Finance and Operations.
- The Payment terms, Freight terms, Delivery terms, Shipping method, and Delivery mode fields aren't part of the default mappings. To map these fields, you must set up a value mapping that is specific to the data in the organizations that the entity is synchronized between.
The following illustrations show an example of a template mapping in data integrator.