This topic applies to Dynamics 365 for Talent, Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Enterprise edition, and Dynamics 365 for Retail.
This topic lists requirements for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent. The update policy is outlined, as well.
Supported web browsers
The Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent web application can run in any of the following web browsers that run on the specified operating systems:
- Microsoft Edge (latest publicly available version) on Windows 10
- Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10, Windows 8.1, or Windows 7
- Google Chrome (latest publicly available version) on Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Google Nexus 10 tablet
- Apple Safari (latest publicly available version) on Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan) or 10.12 (Sierra), or Apple iPad
To find the latest release for each web browser, go to the software manufacturer’s website.
- To capture images that are generated from Task Recorder and include them in Microsoft Word documents, you must have a Chrome extension installed.
- The Workflow Editor is started as a ClickOnce application. Only Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer (on a supported version of Microsoft Windows) support ClickOnce applications. The Workflow Editor ClickOnce application requires a 64-bit compatible operating system.
- To preview PDF files, we recommend that you use modern browsers like Microsoft Edge (latest publicly available version) on Windows 10, or Google Chrome (latest publicly available version) on Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Google Nexus 10 tablet. Network requirements
- Dynamics 365 for Talent is designed for networks with latency of 250-300 milliseconds (ms) or less. This is the latency from a browser client to the Microsoft Azure data center that hosts Dynamics 365 for Talent. We recommend that you test network latency at www.azurespeed.com.
- Bandwidth requirements for Dynamics 365 for Talent depend on your scenario. Most typical scenarios require a bandwidth of more than 50 kilobytes per second (KBps).
Don't compute bandwidth requirements from a client location by multiplying the number of users by the minimum bandwidth requirements. The concurrent usage of a given location is very difficult to calculate. For customers who are concerned about bandwidth requirements, use a trial version of Dynamics 365 for Talent.
Supported Microsoft Office applications
- To run the Microsoft Excel and Word add-ins, you must have Microsoft Office 2016 for Windows or Mac installed. For more details about version requirements, see Office integration troubleshooting.
- To view documents that are generated by the Export to Excel or Export to Word functionality, you must have Microsoft Office 2007 or later installed.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent is serviced as a cloud offering. Updates to Dynamics 365 for Talent are continuous and applied automatically by Microsoft.
Updates are released on a regular cadence, updates will be made to all environments. Dynamics 365 for Talent is supported according to the Microsoft Support Lifecycle policy, which provides consistent and predictable guidelines for product support availability.