New telemetry settings where introduced in Windows 10 that control telemetry data that is sent outbound to various Microsoft services. This policy has no impact to 3rd party services.
The configuration of this policy has a direct impact on the Enterprise Threat Detection service. Failure to configure the policy as described below, will result in no data, or incomplete data, being collected.
For more details, please see: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/manage/configure-windows-telemetry-in-your-organization
Use Group Policy to set the telemetry level
Use a Group Policy object to set your organization’s telemetry level.
- From the Group Policy Management Console, go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Data Collection and Preview Builds.
- Double-click Allow Telemetry.
- In the Options box, select Full, and then click OK.
Levels and Impact to Enterprise Threat Detection
- Full (3) - StageOne Log File, and Cab File when Requested
- Enhanced (2) - StageOne Log File only
- Basic (1) - StageOne Log File Only
- Security (0) - No WER Data
Microsoft is aware that enabling this setting in an Enterprise may not be desired. As a result, the next major Windows 10 release will allow Windows Error Reporting to continue to send data while a Corporate Error Reporting endpoint has been configured, without requiring the setting to be set to Full.