When you purchase any of the Windows 10 or Microsoft 365 services (as detailed in Eligible Services and Plans), FastTrack Specialists provide advisory and remediation guidance if you encounter app compatibility issues as you deploy newer Microsoft products as outlined in Supported Microsoft products.
To get help, complete the App Assure service request.
Partners can also get help through the FastTrack site on behalf of a customer. To do so, the partner signs into the site, selects the customer record, clicks Services, and completes the Request for Assistance for App Assure form.
Assistance is provided in Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese (resources speak Mandarin only), English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), and Spanish.
Supported Microsoft products
FastTrack provides remediation assistance for apps deployed on the following Microsoft products:
Windows 10 and Microsoft 365 Apps
- Apps that worked on Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Office 2010, and Office 2013 also work on Windows 10 and Microsoft 365 Apps.
The new Microsoft Edge
- If your web apps or sites work on Internet Explorer 11, supported versions of Google Chrome, or any version of Microsoft Edge, they'll also work with the new Microsoft Edge.
For guidance on Microsoft Edge deployment, see Overview of the Microsoft Edge channels. As the web is constantly evolving, we publish a list of known site compatibility-impacting changes for Microsoft Edge.
Windows Virtual Desktop
- Virtualized apps that run on Windows Server Remote Desktop Session Host (RDSH) also run on Windows 10 Enterprise multi-session as part of Windows Virtual Desktop.
- Apps running on any Windows 7 or Windows 10 virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) environment also run on Windows 7 Enterprise and Windows 10 Enterprise as part of Windows Virtual Desktop.*
- Apps running on Windows 7 or Windows 10 client devices also run on Windows 7 Enterprise and Windows 10 Enterprise as part of Windows Virtual Desktop.*
*Windows 10 Enterprise multi-session compatibility exclusions and limitations include:
- Limited redirection of hardware.
- A/V-intensive apps may perform in a diminished capacity.
- 16-bit apps aren't supported for 64-bit Windows Virtual Desktop.
FastTrack makes every reasonable effort to resolve compatibility issues.
Out of scope
FastTrack services don't include:
- App inventory and testing to determine what does and doesn't work on Windows 10 and Microsoft 365 Apps. For more guidance on this process, visit the Desktop Deployment Center. If you're interested in an in-depth upgrade readiness assessment, complete the Customer Request for Modern Desktop Assessment form.
- Researching third-party ISV apps for Windows 10 compatibility and support statements. For more information, see Desktop Analytics.
- App packaging-only services. However, the App Assure team packages apps that we have remediated for Windows 10 to ensure they can be deployed in the customer's environment.
Customer responsibilities include:
- Creating an app inventory.
- Validating those apps on Windows 10 and Microsoft 365 Apps.
Microsoft can't make changes to your source code. However, the App Assure team can provide guidance to app developers if the source code is available for your apps.
Contact a Microsoft partner to provide assistance with services identified as out of scope.