You have the following responsibilities during onboarding.*
- Develop and implement your success plan.
- Provide any enhancements and integrations to your Office 365 tenant beyond the configurable options listed here.
- Provide overall program and project management, including:
- Assigning a project manager as the primary contact for the FastTrack Manager.
- Assigning a technical lead as the primary contact for the FastTrack Engineer.
- Assigning technical resources to perform remediation, configuration, and enablement tasks as outlined by the FastTrack team.
- Provide resources accountable for driving end user adoption of the service.
- Provide end-user communications, documentation, training, and change management.
- Identify and engage appropriate business sponsors.
- Provide helpdesk documentation and training.
- Produce any reports, presentations, or meeting minutes that are specific to your organization.
- Create architectural and technical documentation specific to your organization.
- Design, procure, install, and configure hardware and networking.
- Procure, install, and configure software.
- Configure, package, and distribute client software required for Office 365.
- Manage, configure, and apply security policies.
- Activate mobile devices.
- Provide network configuration, analysis, bandwidth validation, testing, and monitoring.
- Alter the network to provide necessary bandwidth for Skype for Business Online services.
- Manage a technical change management approval process and create supporting documentation.
- Specify and define group policies for user, workstation, and server management.
- Modify your operational model and operation guides.
- Set up multi-factor authentication.
- Decommission and remove source environments (like messaging and collaboration).
Ensure that all wanted data is migrated prior to decommission and the removal of your source environment.
- Construct and maintain your test environment.
- Install Lync 2013 or Skype for Business Online 2015 admin tools and service packs to support split domain configuration.
- Install service packs and other required updates on infrastructure servers.
- Provide and configure any public Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates.
- Set up collaborative Microsoft Teams space for onboarding partnership and invite FastTrack Center team members.
- Work with FastTrack Specialists to begin onboarding of eligible services.
- Participate in the engagement kickoff meeting, manage and lead participants from your organization, and confirm remediation timelines.
- Provide your objectives for Office 365 services (for example, SharePoint Online, Exchange Online, Microsoft Teams, and Office 365 ProPlus) and organizational goals.
- Identify appropriate stakeholders (including a project manager and business owners) to complete the necessary assessment activities.
- Participate in the meetings to create the remediation checklist, and contribute to the overall plan, including infrastructure, network, administration, directory synchronization preparation, network security, and federated identity topics.
- Participate in the meetings to outline the user-provisioning approach.
- Participate in the meetings to plan online service configuration.
- Create support plan for migration readiness.
- Participate in the success planning call to outline:
- The right stakeholders for the engagement.
- Scenarios to fit the needs and goals across your organization.
- An organizational awareness and training plan.
- Perform required steps to complete remediation activities identified in the Assess phase.
- Participate in checkpoint meetings and:
- Define business scenarios.
- Define and engage stakeholders.
- Build an awareness plan.
- Build a training plan.
- Work with FastTrack Specialists to complete onboarding of all eligible services and:
- Implement an awareness plan.
- Implement a training plan.
- Provide success planning progress and determine areas where you need guidance.
- Provide FastTrack Specialists with access and permissions (if you choose to have Microsoft perform migration tasks).
- Procure and provide administrative accounts to target environments as appropriate (if you choose to have Microsoft perform migration activities).
- Manage resources as appropriate.
- Configure network-related items per Microsoft guidance.
- Configure DNS records based on domain validation requirements to include your MX records.
- Perform directory readiness and configure directory synchronization per Microsoft guidance.
- Populate on-premises Active Directory objects with mail-related attribute values from third-party directories.
- Configure security-related infrastructure (like firewall ports) per Microsoft guidance.
- Implement appropriate client infrastructure.
- Implement a user-provisioning approach per Microsoft guidance.
- Enable various services per Microsoft guidance.
- Get an Apple ID if you're configuring Mobile Device Management (MDM).
- Update your Apple Push Notification Service (APNS) certificate.
*For information on your responsibilities for Office 365 US Government, see Your Responsibilities for Office 365 US Government.