Real-time analytics - Events Timeline panel
This tutorial illustrates how to use the Events Timeline panel.
This panel is a subsection of PlayStream Event History, in the form of a table of event data sorted by time.
To generate events for testing purposes, see the Generating PlayStream Events tutorial for examples of how to post custom events.
In the screen shown below:
- The Timestamp displays the Date and Time of the event in an easily readable format.
- This is the full JSON body of the event. It can be accessed by selecting the Event Timestamp.
- The Player ID is a reference to the player that initiated the event.
- The Event Name area displays the details associated with an event, as well as other useful information.
- The JSON body of the event (2) is a mix of PlayFab event data, and any custom body that is attached to the event when it is posted. You will find that all of this data is stored in one object.
- The Player ID (3) may render empty for events that are bound to a title, instead of the player.
- You can select the Player ID (3) to quickly navigate to the player's personal PlayFab page, where you can obtain additional information about the player, their account activities, etc.
- You can select the Event Name label (4) to adjust the query to filter the event timeline by that Event Name.
- If present, you can select the Region label to open a Google map pointing to the region location.
- Event details may contain several indicators:
- Region is available when the event body contains location information.
- Icon is based on the Event Name.
- The PlayFab label indicates that the event is an automatic event (generated by PlayFab).