Insights Scheduled Scaling
The Insights Performance Level can be set to scale up and down at specific times of the day. This allows a studio to match their analytics resources demand to their supply and optimize costs. Scheduled Tasks can be found under automation in Game Manager. It can also be reached by clicking the Add Insights scaling scheduled task button in Insights Management.
To create a task for scaling your cluster:
- Provide a name and description for the task.
- Select the type "Insights scheduled scaling".
- Select the performance level you wish to scale to.
- Select "recurring" on the right under "SCHEDULE" and provide a valid cron expression
- Select Save at the bottom.
The scheduled scale will appear in the scheduled tasks section as well as in the Insights Management Page. The task can be deactivated without deleting if you do not want it to run, but also do not want to delete it.
Changing your performance level allocates hardware resources to your data system immediately. However, transferring data into your new resources can take several minutes. It is not recommended that you schedule large changes in performance level quickly after previous changes. See Best Practices for recommendations.