Walkthrough: Deploy builds using Game Manager
This topic describes how to deploy builds for VMs using Windows OS in Game Manager based on the Windows Runner C# sample.
In order to use and view the PlayFab Multiplayer Servers, you need to enable the feature from Game Manager. For instructions, see Enable the PlayFab Server feature.
Deploying a build is one of the processes in creating a game server using the Windows Runner C# sample.
Make sure you have completed the following steps.
- Log into your developer account on PlayFab.com
- Go to My Studios and Titles page and select your game title to display the dashboard
- Go to Multiplayer > Servers page, select New Build at the top right to create a new build
- Use "My build" as the Build Name
- Select a server with limited free usage, such as Av2 (until July 2021) and Dasv4 (from July 2021)
- Set 1 for Servers per machine
Image below shows values used in the info section section.
- Under Virtual Machine OS, select Windows as the platform, Windows Server Core as the Container image
Image below shows values used in the OS section.
- Under Assets, select Upload then navigate to folder with the compiled PlayFab Multiplayer Server Build for the WindowsRunnerSample. To get the Build, see Server side set up
- Set C:\Assets as the mount path
Image below shows values used in the assets section.
Set C:\Assets\WindowsRunnerCSharp.exe as the Start Command.
For network, use port 3600 using game_port as the name. Use TCP as the protocol as shown in the image below.
Under Regions, select "East US", 1 standby server and 1 maximum server.
Select Save to start the deployment process. You will be taken to the build home page. The build will display the Deploying status as show in the image below. In 10 to 20 minutes, your build should be in the Deployed state.
- After servers are deployed, set up the client and connect to the servers.