by Faith A
WebMatrix supports installing open source community applications from the Web Application Gallery, and publishing to hosting providers, including a set of Beta partner hosting providers. This FAQ contains information about installing and publishing, as well as any issues that may occur after publishing.
Installing and Publishing nService
Q: How do I install nService?
A: To install nService, use the following steps:
- Open WebMatrix and select Site from Web Gallery.
- Select the Tools category on the left-hand side.
- Find nService in the list and install it.
- In any workspace, on the Home tab, in the Site group, click Run or press F12 to open the site in your default web browser.
- Follow the instructions to complete installation.
Q: How do I publish my nService website?
A: To publish a nService website, use the following steps:
- In any workspace, on the Home tab, in the Site group, click Publish.
- On the Publishing Settings dialog, enter the server info you received from your web host.
- Click Validate Connection to ensure that the settings are correct.
- Click Publish.
- If you have not published your database before, select the Database checkbox.
- After previewing the changes, click Continue.
Q: Why do I get a "500 Internal Server Error" when browsing to my website?
A: If you are publishing to a server where the web site is configured to run in a .NET 4 application pool, you will receive this error because the application requires .NET 2.0. You will also see the following error message displayed:
Error: The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.
To resolve this issue, use your hosting control panel to set your .NET framework version to 2.0 or 3.5.