by Faith A
WebMatrix supports installing open source community applications from the Web Application Gallery, and publishing to hosting providers, including a set of Beta partner hosting providers. This FAQ contains information about installing and publishing, as well as any issues that may occur after publishing.
Installing and Publishing phpBB
Q: How do I install phpBB?
A: To install phpBB, use the following steps:
- Open WebMatrix and select Site from Web Gallery.
- Select the Forums category on the left-hand side.
- Find phpBB in the list and install it.
- In any workspace, on the Home tab, in the Site group, click Run or press F12 to open the site in your default web browser.
- Follow the instructions to complete installation.
Q: How do I publish my phpBB website?
A: To publish a phpBB website, use the following steps:
Prior to publishing the application, you should remove the install directory or only the application's administrative console will be available:
- Go to the Files workspace.
- In the navigation pane, select the directory called install and press the delete key.
- In any workspace, on the Home tab, in the Site group, click Publish.
- On the Publishing Settings dialog, enter the server info you received from your web host.
- Click Validate Connection to ensure that the settings are correct.
- Click Publish.
- If you have not published your database before, select the Database checkbox.
- After previewing the changes, click Continue.
Issue: phpBB gives a "Service is unavailable" error after publishing
Workound: In WebMatrix, click Publish Settings and add a slash "" after the server name. Publish the application again.