Umbraco CMS FAQ
by Faith A
WebMatrix supports installing open source community applications from the Web Application Gallery, and publishing to hosting providers, including a set of Beta partner hosting providers. This FAQ contains information about installing and publishing, as well as any issues that may occur after publishing.
Installing and Publishing Umbraco CMS
Q: How do I install Umbraco CMS?
A: To install Umbraco CMS, use the following steps:
- Open WebMatrix and select Site from Web Gallery.
- Select the CMS category on the left-hand side.
- Find Umbraco CMS in the list and install it.
- In any workspace, on the Home tab, in the Site group, click Run or press F12 to open the site in your default web browser.
- Follow the instructions to complete installation.
Q: How do I publish my Umbraco CMS website?
A: To publish a Umbraco CMS website, use the following steps:
- In any workspace, on the Home tab, in the Site group, click Publish.
- On the Publishing Settings dialog, enter the server info you received from your web host.
> [!NOTE] > Umbraco CMS is only supported at the root of a web site, such as contoso.com. It will not work when installed to a sub-directory, such as contoso.com/application.
- Click Validate Connection to ensure that the settings are correct.
- Click Publish.
- If you have not published your database before, select the Database checkbox.
- After previewing the changes, click Continue.