Add Android Enterprise system apps to Microsoft Intune
Before you assign an app to a device or a group of users, you must first add the app to Microsoft Intune. System apps are supported on Android Enterprise devices. You can enable a system app for Android Enterprise dedicated devices or fully managed devices.
Add the app
You can add an Android Enterprise system app to Intune from the Azure portal by doing the following:
- Sign in to the Microsoft Endpoint Manager Admin Center.
- Select Apps > All apps > Add.
- In the Add App pane, under the available Other types, select Android Enterprise system app.
- To configure the app information, select Configure, and then provide the following information:
- App Name: Enter the name of the app.
- Publisher: Enter the name of the publisher of the app.
- Package Name: Enter a package name. Intune will validate that the package name is valid.
- Select OK.
- Select Add.
You will need to work with the OEM of your device to find the package name of the app you would like to enable/disable.
The app you've created is displayed in the apps list, where you can assign it to the groups that you select.
Android Enterprise system apps will enable or disable apps that are already part of the platform. To enable an app, assign the system app as Required. To disable an app, assign the system app as Uninstall. System apps cannot be assigned as available for a user.