Add iOS or macOS device feature settings in Intune
Intune includes many features and settings that help administrators control iOS and macOS devices. For example, administrators can:
- Allow users access to AirPrint printers in your network
- Add apps and folders to the home screen, including adding new pages
- Choose if and how app notifications are shown
- Configure the lock screen to show a message or the asset tag, especially for shared devices
- Give users a secure single sign-on experience to share credentials between apps
- Filter web sites that use adult language and allow or block specific web sites
These features are available in Intune, and are configurable by the administrator. Intune uses "configuration profiles" to create and customize these settings for your organization's needs. After you add these features in a profile, you can then push or deploy the profile to iOS and macOS devices in your organization.
Create a device profile
In the Azure portal, select All services > filter on Intune > select Intune.
Select Device configuration > Profiles > Create profile.
Enter the following properties:
Name: Enter a descriptive name for the new profile.
Description: Enter a description for the profile. This setting is optional, but recommended.
Platform: Select your platform:
Profile type: Select Device features.
Settings: Enter the settings you want to configure. For a list of all settings, and what they do, see:
When you're done, select OK, and choose Create to save your changes.
Send feedback about: